As a landlord, your primary concern is getting the best deal. We can help you establish your priorities; balancing preferences such as type of tenant, length of tenancy and rental yields.
For those after a quick win to maximise the value of their rental property, we’d recommend giving this guide a read.
Before listing your property to rent:
- Ensure the property is maintained to a high standard. Freshly painted, windows and doors in good repair, and external areas (such as driveways) tidy.
- The garden should be low maintenance – keep planting simple and minimise lawn areas. For easy maintenance you could consider decking, patio or gravel.
- Where possible, keep the decoration of your property neutral. Creams and whites make the property feel less intrusive.
Choosing the right lettings agent:
It can be tricky making that all-important decision: who to trust with your property portfolio. If you’re wanting to maximise the value of your rental property, there are some things you should consider.
- Find an agent with in-depth knowledge of the local market. Providing you with an accurate market appraisal at an early stage is important.
- Choose the property management and lettings service that’s right for you. The package you select will affect the level of support you receive. For those after a comprehensive service, Fully Managed lets should be considered.
- Maximise exposure of your property by instructing an agent that advertises across multiple platforms. In short: more exposure is likely to bring in more enquires, increasing your chance of matching with high-quality tenants quickly. This lowers your void period, so you can maintain an income flow and achieve the best rental value.
If you’re considering letting a property in Greater Reading, choose Haslams. We are the clear market leader:
- Matching high quality tenants
- Maximising yields
- Minimising vacant periods
- Maintaining income flow and minimising costs
We have helped many landlords maximise the value of their rental property. If you would like an up-to-date market appraisal, get in touch.