What to do in an emergency

In the event that things go wrong inside your rental home, our system is available 24/7 to report emergencies or maintenance. Take a look at the information below to find out who best to contact and how to get issues resolved quickly.

Rental emergencies and maintenance

Maintenance reporting

Welcome to Haslams! We take pride in ensuring that all maintenance requests are handled promptly and efficiently. To report any maintenance issues, please use our online reporting system Fixflo. You can easily report a problem by scanning the QR code on your boiler or hot water cylinder, or by accessing the following link: https://haslams.fixflo.com/issuereport/CreateIssue

If your maintenance issue is urgent and needs to be reported outside of our office hours, don’t worry. We have a video triage service called HelpmeFix that will pass your request to our out of hours contractor. Please make sure you are at the property and in an area with a stable internet connection or mobile phone signal.

If your property is managed by a Landlord or has an emergency procedure in place, such as British Gas Homecare or Homeserve Emergency Response, please contact them directly in the first instance.

Please note that if an emergency call out is made and it does not qualify as one of the reasons stated earlier, any costs associated with it may be removed from your deposit held. We want to remind you that many suppliers close outside of office hours, which may make getting spare parts difficult. Our contractors will do their best to fix the issue, but a quick resolution may not always be possible.

At Haslams, we are committed to providing you with exceptional service. Thank you for choosing us!

Loss of power, gas or water

If you experience a loss of power, gas or water at your property, please contact your utility supplier in the first instance who may be able to assist you.

Should you smell gas at the property and suspect a gas leak, please contact Transco on 0800 111 999 to report the leak.

Crime / break-ins

In the unlikely event your property is broken into, you will need to register the crime with the police and obtain a crime reference number.

Please then ensure you contact your Property Mananager to make them aware, either by phone or email providing them the details of the incident and the crime number that has been given.


Should there be a need for the property to be made secure and you are a Fully Managed Tenant, contact out out of hours service via the Fixflo maintenance reporting link https://haslams.fixflo.com/issuereport/CreateIssue.


The ARLA/CMP (Client Money Protection Scheme)

Haslams protects all its client funds in the Propertymark scheme: the scheme ensures that should a Propertymark Protected agent go bankrupt or misuse your rent, deposit or other funds, Propertymark will reimburse you.

Click here to download the ARLA Client Money Protection Guide.

View our certificate here

Looking for a home to rent?

At Haslams Estate Agents, we have a variety of rental homes located across Reading. We also offer a fully managed lettings service to help keep your mind at ease while renting.

Find homes to rent